Thinking about taking that dive into a new career in real estate? There are a few things that you should consider first.
Perhaps more than any other profession, real estate is the domain of the motivated entrepreneur. Real estate is dominated by people with talent, savvy, a commitment to personal service, and a need to succeed.
If you are looking to have control over your schedule while earning a great income, then you are in the right place!
2. Match them up: Make a list of the professions that interest you and investigate
them to see if they match up with the mirror test.
3. Research: Go on interviews and seek out successful people in those professions
4. Develop a plan: Write out exactly what you need to do, estimate the time frame
for accomplishing those steps and identify the related costs.
There are many different personalities in real estate and you truly “get out of it what you put in”. You must be personally invested in everything that it takes to make your business successful. You must also constantly look for new opportunities to improve your brand and increase your value to your client. Below are some qualities that we found the most successful Realtors possess:
- Hard working
- Good attitude
A career in real estate can be exciting and rewarding, but does require time and dedication. When considering a real estate career, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a good sphere of influence and visibility in my community?
- Do I possess good communication skills?
- Do other people consider me honest and trustworthy?
- Am I willing to take the required classes?
- Am I willing to invest time and effort now in order to gain income later?
- Is my family prepared to accept a changing, busy schedule?
- Do I present myself with confidence and look professional?
- Am I motivated to succeed – whatever it takes?
- Can I handle setbacks and solve problems in a positive manner?
- Am I looking for a long-term career?
- Do I believe in quick responses to all customer inquiries?
- Am I an organized person who can handle details well?
- Do I set priorities and goals?
JOIN OUR TEAM